My Tax Back Ltd trading as Tommy’s Tax terms and conditions
By signing up to our our terms and conditions in the app or by engaging us to act on your behalf for any service you are agreeing to our terms and conditions set out below.
1. Services not included in product purchased by you from us online
1. Our products do not include any of the following in respect of any of the packages we offer for sale online.
2. Accountancy advisory services, tax advice, auditing of your books or other services not expressly mentioned. Please note that the maintenance of the statutory books of the self employed individual under the self employed packages does not include any of these services. You will need to arrange these separately.
3. Any advice on the suitability or adequacy of any service you may purchase from us for your intended purposes.
2. Price of goods & Services
1. The price for any goods or services that you purchase from us is as set out under the option you select and unless otherwise stated, all prices exclude VAT at the prevailing rate.
2. The total purchase price, including VAT, if any, will be displayed in the app before you accept the tax refund quote. Please note this amount is a quote and the actual tax refund quote may vary due to amendments by HMRC.
3. We reserve the right to charge the fee for our work even if the tax refund payout is less than originally quoted in the app.
4. We reserve the right periodically to update our fee’s and to add to, amend, or withdraw the products and services that we offer, without prior notice.
5. We shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing or amending any of the products we sell, or for refusing or failing to process a tax return.
6. Service and purchase is final and cannot be refunded.
7. A full break down of our fee including VAT will be sent via email once the process has finished. This will act as our invoice for services
8. By accepting our terms and conditions you are accepting our fee for service is for the use of the app and not for the self-assessment submission and therefore is a tax-deductible expense.
9. We reserve the right to back date our invoice for services during the period when our app was in use.
3. Legal Responsibility
1. My Tax Back Ltd trading as Tommy’s Tax can only act on the information and documentation provided by you the taxpayer. As per HMRC guidelines, the legal responsibility is on you, the tax payer to provide accurate documentation and to ensure you have checked the information to be correct. Any errors on the documentation is the legal responsibility of you the tax payer and My Tax Back Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors or losses arising for incorrect documents provided to us by the tax payer or any other individual or organisation.
2. My Tax Back Ltd acts as a nominee in all of it’s actions and the legal responsibility is on the tax payer to check the tax return is accurate. A full copy of the tax return (SA100) and a tax calculation (SA302) is available on request before we submit the tax return to HMRC or after we submit the tax return to HMRC. It is the tax payers responsibility to request these documents to us in writing. If you have any issues or complaints regarding the tax return you have 72 hours from the date of submission to notify us via a letter or email to our head office or email address listed on the contact us page of the website www.tommystax.com/contact-us/.
3. Once the tax return has been prepared, we will contact you confirming you would like us to submit the tax return. By confirming to us that you would like us to submit the tax return you are accepting full responsibility for the accuracy of the tax return. By signing our terms and conditions you are accepting that Tommys Tax T/A My Tax Back, can not be held legally responsible for any late penalties, fines, interest or any losses arising from filing an incorrect tax return.
4. My Tax Back Ltd has no legal duty to file a tax return in any set time frame. By signing our terms and conditions you are accepting that My Tax Back Ltd can not be held legally responsible for any late penalties, fines or losses arising from filing a late tax return. As per HMRC guidelines the legal responsibility is on the taxpayer to complete a tax return on time.
4. Refund Policy
1. Service and purchase is final and cannot be refunded.
5. Copyright notice
1. Copyright (c) 2013-2021 My Tax Back Ltd.
2. Subject to the express provisions of this notice:
1. we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
2. all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
6. Copyright licence
1. You may:
1. view pages from our website in a web browser;
2. download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
3. print pages from our website;
4. use [our website services] by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions of this notice.
2. Except as expressly permitted by the other provisions of this notice, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
3. You may only use our website for your own personal uses, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
4. Except as expressly permitted by this notice, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
5. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
1. republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
2. sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
3. show any material from our website in public;
4. exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
5. redistribute material from our website, save to the extent expressly permitted by this notice.
7. Acceptable use
1. You must not:
1. use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
2. use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
3. use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software; or
4. conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
8. Report abuse
1. If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our website, or any material or activity that breaches this notice, please let us know.
2. You can let us know about any such material or activity [by email or our online contact form].
9. Enforcement of copyright
1. We take the protection of our copyright very seriously.
2. If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the licence set out in this notice, we may bring legal proceedings against you, seeking monetary damages and/or an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
1. You may request permission to use the copyright materials on our website by writing to us by email or post, using the contact details published on the website.
By you submitting your application, you are agreeing to these terms & conditions and to these assumptions made.
Please note: we are not HMRC or the issuing body for UTR numbers and we provide an independent service to our customers. If you would like further information either contact us or go to the official site for HMRC. Once your application has been placed, you will receive an email from My Tax Back Ltd, with more UTR info and timelines. HMRC usually issue the UTR via the post within 4 weeks (max) of submission.
11. UTR Number Setup
When applying for a UTR number through us, we assume the following:
· You are a UK resident
· You are not a share fisherman
· You are not a land or property business
· You are not a Lloyds Underwriter
· You are not a Director
· You are not a Minister of Religion
· You are not an examiner, invigilator & do not set examination/test questions under a ‘Contract of service’
· Your business is not in Investment
· You DO intend to work in the Construction Industry under the Construction Industry Scheme
· You have not previously registered for a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
· You work for more than one person or firm
· You have estimated employment expenses over £2500 combined over 4 years
Where we are unable to obtain a UTR number through a SA1 form, where HMRC are unable to issue a UTR number through the conventional routes or for speed or process we will apply for a UTR number as a sole trader then remove you from self assessment when we file your tax return.
By signing up to our terms and conditions you are giving us permission to act on your behalf in signing up for a UTR number through the government gateway process. By providing us with your activation code you are giving us permission to access your personal tax account and to appoint our agency (My Tax Back Ltd trading as Tommys Tax) as your new tax return agent.
If you have a complaint please notify us via a letter or email to our head office or email address listed on the contact us page of the website www.tommystax.com/contact-us/.
© 2021 Rights Reserved My Tax Back Ltd T/A Tommy’s Tax